Issue #17762 has been updated by byroot (Jean Boussier).

> I guess if we do have a method on Object/Kernel it could simply be Object#source_location for consistency with [...] Method/UnboundMethod

Hum, That would actually be a problem. Because I might want to know where a `Method` on `UnboundMethod` was allocated, (where `method(:name)` was called).

In the end a short enough `ObjectSpace.something(object) # => [file, lineno]` is probably fine. No need to add a method in Object.

Feature #17762: A simple way to trace object allocation