Issue #17750 has been reported by duerst (Martin D=FCrst).

Feature #17750: Update Unicode data to Unicode Version 13.0.0
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17750

* Author: duerst (Martin D=FCrst)
* Assignee: duerst (Martin D=FCrst)
* Target version: 3.1
The newest version of Unicode is Unicode 13.0.0 since about one year (see h=
ttp://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode13.0.0/). We should finally update Ru=
by to use Unicode 13.0.0, and probably also backport the result to Ruby 3.0=
. This issue serves as the main issue for this update; if necessary, I'll c=
reate sub-issues.

Currently, I don't expect any major issues (stuff that would require rewrit=
ing code) for this upgrade, but I'll check again carefully.

One problem I know of is that Unicode changed the structure of their direct=
ories somewhat. This may affect the Ruby makefile infrastructure. =

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/