On 13/02/07, Steven Lumos <steven / lumos.us> wrote:
> "Farrel Lifson" <farrel.lifson / gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is the correct list to ask this (let me know and
> > I'll scoot off to ruby-talk) but I'm having some issues with the
> > running make test-all with the ruby source. I'd like to start
> > experimenting with an idea I have for an RCR. The source (r11708)
> > compiles fine, but make test has 44 failures and make test-all doesn't
> > run anything at all:
> > farrel@nicodemus ~/Projects/ruby $ make test-all
> > ./miniruby  ./runruby.rb --extout=.ext -- "./test/runner.rb"
> > --basedir="./test" --runner=console
> > "./ruby ./test/runner.rb --basedir=./test --runner=console"
> > Loaded suite .
> > Started
> >
> > Finished in 0.000201 seconds.
> >
> > 0 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors
> >
> > Is there another make directive I should be using?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Farrel
>
> Did you disable extensions by chance? The targets I (think I) know
> about are:
>
>  test: runs ./rubytest.rb, which runs ./sample/test.rb and filters the results
>  test-all: runs unit tests for all extensions that have them
>  check: test then test-all
>
> If you disabled extensions, which seems a reasonable thing to do if
> you are hacking on ruby, then test-all should do nothing.
>
> Steve

I actually don't know if I disabled extensions I just downloaded the
source ran autoconf then make. I've written unit tests for the code I
want to implement and put it in test/ruby/test_array.rb as I'm
modifying array.c however I can't seem to find what executes the tests
in test_array.rb. make test doesn't seem to be it and make test-all
does nothing. Any pointers? Should I put my testing code elsewhere?

Thanks
Farrel