"Farrel Lifson" <farrel.lifson / gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct list to ask this (let me know and
> I'll scoot off to ruby-talk) but I'm having some issues with the
> running make test-all with the ruby source. I'd like to start
> experimenting with an idea I have for an RCR. The source (r11708)
> compiles fine, but make test has 44 failures and make test-all doesn't
> run anything at all:
> farrel@nicodemus ~/Projects/ruby $ make test-all
> ./miniruby  ./runruby.rb --extout=.ext -- "./test/runner.rb"
> --basedir="./test" --runner=console
> "./ruby ./test/runner.rb --basedir=./test --runner=console"
> Loaded suite .
> Started
>
> Finished in 0.000201 seconds.

> Is there another make directive I should be using?
>
> Thanks
> Farrel

Did you disable extensions by chance? The targets I (think I) know
about are:

 test: runs ./rubytest.rb, which runs ./sample/test.rb and filters the results
 test-all: runs unit tests for all extensions that have them
 check: test then test-all

If you disabled extensions, which seems a reasonable thing to do if
you are hacking on ruby, then test-all should do nothing.

Steve