Issue #17684 has been updated by lugray (Lisa Ugray).

I also have a use case where I use `--disable-gems` for performance.  I maintain a tool that provides some shell hooks in ruby, and any slow down in getting to a prompt is incredibly noticeable.

Feature #17684: Remove `--disable-gems` from release version of Ruby

* Author: hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA)
In my understand, `--disable-gems` is only debugging feature for ruby-core team.

But some users enabled its option in test environment for performance or etc. So, `--disable-gems` option is wrong usage for some users.

* https://github.com/rubygems/bundler/issues/7487#issuecomment-569901549
* https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/4440#issue-587031184

We should remove it from package version of ruby.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/