Hi,

I have just finished integrating MenTaLguY's fastthread mutex
implementation into the ruby_1_8 branch.

The original, pure ruby version of lib/thread is still available as a
configure option `--disable-fastthread' so you can alternate the two.

If you find any compatibility problems or unexpected behavior with the
new implementation, please let me know.

As I tend to be out of sync with ruby-talk, make sure to add
ruby-core@ruby-lang to To/Cc on reply.

Regards,

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Different eyes see different things,
    Different hearts beat on different strings --
       But there are times for you and me when all such things agree"