Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme) wrote in #note-9:
> That makes sense, but I'm curious about the implementation. I believe this requires synchronization of every access to a class instance variable?

I think essentially all accesses to mutable data on a module must have some form of synchronization, because they can be mutated from the main thread in parallel.
So I'd think it's already synchronized.

This is BTW one thing I dislike about Ractor: @ivar accesses depend on the receiver, if it's a module it's completely different than for all other objects, and requires synchronization.
But, that's already there, so might as well allow reading from other Ractors than being both inconsistent and inconvenient.

Feature #17592: Ractor should allowing reading shareable class instance variables