I think conceptually sharing the self would be cleaner/simpler/consistent-with-captures-vars, but I agree in practice that's rarely wanted.
So changing the receiver to something like `Ractor::DETACHED_SELF` is probably the most convenient.

MaxLap (Maxime Lapointe) wrote in #note-7:
> And if the person does want to go the make self sharable way, it's easy and clear:
> ```
> Ractor.make_shareable(self)
> other_ractor.send([:use_this_block, Ractor.make_shareable(proc { |k| k << value})])
> ```

Ah, so `Ractor.make_shareable` would use the existing receiver if shareable and `Ractor::DETACHED_SELF` otherwise?
That seems nice e.g. for a block in a class method, where the class itself is shareable.
It might lead to some confusion to have such dynamic behavior though, which also depends on whether `self` was made shareable at some point.

Bug #17543: Ractor isolation broken by `self` in shareable proc