Issue #17429 has been updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda).

Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme) wrote in #note-12:
> shugo (Shugo Maeda) wrote in #note-11:
> > The behavior is similar to Module#mix proposed by Matz before.
>
> Visually it's a more pleasing API than the `import` keyword, but would it be available in any module or just refinements?
> If any module, we'd now have _three_ mixin mechanisms: include, prepend, import. IMO that's overly complex.
> If just refinements, it feels inconsistent. IMO we'll have people asking why they can't use `import` in classes and modules.
> As a keyword it's clear this is a refinement-only behavior.

It's enough to changing the class of a module created by refine to the following subclass of Module, isn't it?

```ruby
class Refinement < Module
  [:include, :prepend].each do |name|
    define_method(name) do |*args|
      warn("#{name} in a refinement is deprecated; use mix instead", uplevel: 1, category: :deprecated)
      super(*args)

  def mix(*args)
    # ...
```

Bug #17429: Prohibit include/prepend in refinement modules