Sorry for the delay.

At Wed, 31 Jan 2007 04:58:28 +0900,
MenTaLguY wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 15:16 +0900, Akinori MUSHA wrote:
> > Thanks, I'll take a good look at it.  In addition to the patch, do you
> > have or know of a good test suite for threads that intensively makes
> > use of threads and mutexes?
>
> No, only some unit tests which attempt to test the basic properties of
> mutexes, condition variables, etc.  Beyond those, I have relied on
> reports from people using fastthread in production situations.
>
> -mental

Instead of completely replacing the stock implementation, I'm thinking
of making it a configure option to start with.  If no one objects,
I'll integrate fastthread into ruby_1_8 in a few days and enable it by
default to encourage testing.  After having a couple of preview
release cycles, I'll make a final decision as to if the 1.8.6 final
release should have it enabled by default.

Opinions, anybody?

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Different eyes see different things,
    Different hearts beat on different strings --
       But there are times for you and me when all such things agree"