Issue #17502 has been reported by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Misc #17502: C vs Ruby
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17502

* Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Some features are coded in a mix of Ruby and C (e.g. ractor.rb).

External gems don't have access to this. The C-API to deal with keyword parameters is also very verbose the parsing and the engine does not know it.

Moreover, some optimization PRs are simply rewriting C-code into Ruby using pseudo C code.

I understand the intentions are great, but changes like https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4018/files seem a symptom that something needs to be improved with the C api.

```diff
-static VALUE
- flo_zero_p(VALUE num)
- {
-     return flo_iszero(num) ? Qtrue : Qfalse;
- }
# in different file:
+ def zero?
+   Primitive.attr! 'inline'
+   Primitive.cexpr! 'flo_iszero(self) ? Qtrue : Qfalse'
+ end
```

It seems to me that this is a way to circumvent a deeper issue. Is this the right direction?

Is there a plan for an API that would:
1) be accessible to C extensions
2) can't be re-written any faster in pseuso-C in Ruby
3) has an easy way to define keyword parameters?

I realize that RBS may give perfect signatures, but ideally `parameters` would be more informative for C-functions too.

```ruby
Ractor.method(:yield).parameters
# => [[:req, :obj], [:key, :move]] # good!
Fiber.method(:initialize).parameters
# => [[:rest]] # not good, should be [[:key, :blocking]]
```

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/