Issue #17330 has been updated by sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada).

I think the proposed feature would be useful, but I feel that your focus on use cases with a negative predicate is artificial. Positive predicates should have as many corresponding use cases. And since negation is always one step more complex than its positive counterpart, you should first (or simultaneously) propose the positive version, say `Object#oui`:

```ruby
calculate.some.limit.oui(&:nonzero?) || DEFAULT_LIMIT

params[:name]&.oui{ _1.empty?.! }

payload.dig('action', 'type').oui{ PROHIBITED_ACTIONS.include?(_1).! }
```

Furthermore, I suggest you may also propose the method(s) to take a variable numbers of arguments to match against:

```ruby
payload.dig('action', 'type').non(*PROHIBITED_ACTIONS)
```

And by "match", I think that using the predicate `===` would be more useful than `==`:

```ruby
"foo".non(/\AError: /, /\AOops, /) # => "foo"
"Oops, something went wrong.".non(/\AError: /, /\AOops, /) # => nil
```

Feature #17330: Object#non