> If we'd consider RubyVM is CRuby-specific, then it seems fine.
> However, that's rather unclear, and then the question is what should other Ruby implementations should do RubyVM::MJIT and its methods?
>
> RubyVM::MJIT.enabled? could become a portable API, but it would need to move somewhere else.
> I'm also unsure if it's needed besides MRI tests

Didn't you clarify it by yourself at [Feature #15743]? The person who wrote the line that nobu quoted was you. You made it pretty clear that `RubyVM::MJIT` doesn't need to exist in other implementations.

> I think Ruby users should anyway not need to use RubyVM::MJIT methods, so I prefer the more precise MJIT name.

So, would you suggest always explaining what is "M"JIT in every release note and renaming `--jit` to `--mjit` to approach the naming inconsistency issue explained in this ticket? I'm fine with pasting a link for the former, but I'm reluctant to force users to remember the flag name.

> IMHO, a benchmark harness should not need to use a JIT-specific API, so I think pause/resume are only useful for debugging.

I agree. None of such benchmarks are supposed to be used for purposes other than testing MRI vs MRI+MJIT. I mean, can't I even put a script to test it?

Feature #17490: Rename RubyVM::MJIT to RubyVM::JIT