Hi,

James Edward Gray II wrote:
> I've actually wished for it a couple of times and I wish it was
> supported.  I always start with using open-uri, because I love that
> interface, but sometimes something like this issue forces me to switch
> to Net::HTTP.  It makes me sad.

Excuse me if you've already noticed; it's just FYI.  Open-uri's open
method has a variety of options to be passed as the *rest parameter.
You can specify all the HTTP header, which proxy to use, and
authentication info.  If you want a authentication you can write:

open uri, :http_basic_authentication => [user, passwd] do |io|