Issue #17479 has been updated by neg_hide (Hidenori Negishi).

I am making a library that makes error messages easier to read. Therefore, instead of using `Exception#full_message`, I need to analyze the Exception and output the error message myself.

For example, suppose I have a script like this:

```ruby
def foo
  require "typo_library_name"
end

def bar
  foo
end

bar
```

When I execute `ruby --backtrace-limit=1 script.rb` in a normal environment, only the backtrace of kernel_require.rb is displayed as shown below, which makes it difficult to understand the true cause of the error. (The same is true for the string obtained from `Exception#full_message`.)

```
/home/myname/.rbenv/versions/3.0.0/lib/ruby/3.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in `require': cannot load such file -- typo_library_name (LoadError)
        from /home/myname/.rbenv/versions/3.0.0/lib/ruby/3.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in `require'
         ... 3 levels...
```

When I use my library, it omits the backtraces of kernel_require.rb and outputs them, so the error message looks like this.

```
ruby.rb:2:in `foo': cannot load such file -- typo_library_name (LoadError)
        from ruby.rb:2:in `foo'
        from ruby.rb:6:in `bar'
        from ruby.rb:9:in `<main>'
```

This process is impossible for `Exception#full_message`. So I have to output the error message myself.

However, I want the output to look like this:

```
ruby.rb:2:in `foo': cannot load such file -- typo_library_name (LoadError)
        from ruby.rb:2:in `foo'
         ... 2 levels...
```

That's why I need a value for "--backtrace-limit".

Feature #17479: Enable to get "--backtrace-limit" value by "$-B"