byroot (Jean Boussier) wrote in #note-10:
> > A feature to implement Rails's ActiveSupport::HashWithIndifferentAccess
>
> Would it be possible to have a "hook" akin to `convert_key`?

I think it will not fast.

Feature #17472: HashWithIndifferentAccess like Hash extension

* Author: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
* Target version: 3.1
Rails has [ActiveSupport::HashWithIndifferentAccess](https://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveSupport/HashWithIndifferentAccess.html), which is widely used in Rails to handle Request, Session, ActionView's form construction, ActiveRecord's DB communication, and so on. It receives String or Symbol and normalize them to fetch the value. But it is implemented with Ruby. If we provide C implementation of that, Rails will gain the performance improvement.

summary of previous discussion: https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/40182#issuecomment-687607812

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/