naruse (Yui NARUSE) wrote in #note-15:
> It's a long requested series of improvements for HTTP client like read_timeout, connect_timeout, and write_timeout.
> resolv_timeout is the last piece of that.

How common is it to need separate timeouts for all of these? I can easily imagine the resolv_timeout as being part of the connect_timeout (i.e. resolv+connect may not exceed connect_timeout). And at least in my experience I'll want a single "general timeout" for resolv+connect+write+read. For that reason I _really_ like Jeremy's suggestion of a single `deadline` argument. You can even have a single deadline for multiple http requests. This is really perfect for most uses cases that I'm familiar with.

Feature #16476: Socket.getaddrinfo cannot be interrupted by Timeout.timeout