+1, if Rails people really want it, and if it brings performance improvement. We need to experiment, but in principle, it looks to me a good idea to provide small but simple improvements that we can use immediately in Ruby 3.1. We mainly focused on big language improvements until 3.0, but many of them still require some time to be practically useful.

Feature #17472: HashWithIndifferentAccess like Hash extension

* Author: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
* Target version: 3.1
Rails has [ActiveSupport::HashWithIndifferentAccess](https://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveSupport/HashWithIndifferentAccess.html), which is widely used in Rails to handle Request, Session, ActionView's form construction, ActiveRecord's DB communication, and so on. It receives String or Symbol and normalize them to fetch the value. But it is implemented with Ruby. If we provide C implementation of that, Rails will gain the performance improvement.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/