Issue #17475 has been reported by svoop (Sven Schwyn).

Feature #17475: Implement arguments forwarding for blocks
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17475

* Author: svoop (Sven Schwyn)
In a gem, I create a bunch of initializer shortcuts as follows:

    # Shortcut initializers
    CLASSES.each do |element, class_name|
      define_singleton_method(element) do |*args, **kwargs|
        class_name.to_class.new(*args, **kwargs)

Given the new, cool arguments forwarding with `...`, it would be a real beauty if the following were possible:

    # Shortcut initializers
    CLASSES.each do |element, class_name|
      define_singleton_method(element) do |...|
        class_name.to_class.new(...)

(I'm sorry if this is a duplicate. In some dusty corner of my memory, I believe to have seen a similar issue in the past, but couldn't find it anymore... maybe just dreamt of it. :-)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/