Issue #17468 has been reported by naruse (Yui NARUSE).

Bug #17468: Deprecate RUBY_DEVEL
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17468

* Author: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
* Target version: 3.1
Some configuration of Ruby use RUBY_DEVEL, which depends PATCH_LEVEL.
But depending PATCH_LEVEL causes issues which will become revealed on the final release.
Though we release some previews and RCs, they don't contributes the quality around RUBY_DEVEL.

Therefore to ensure CI tests the quality of the final release, we need to deprecate RUBY_DEVEL.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/