On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 08:45:09AM +0900, Daniel Harple wrote:
> Will 1.8.6 be able to run why's [Sandbox extension][1] without any
> patches applied?

Most of my patches are kosher, but I have one patch which could be
controversial and could need some ruby-core smartness.

  Marshal.load(...) { |x| }
  - Which yields every Marshalled value and swaps in the block
    return.

  Marshal.dump(...) { |x| }
  - Which yields every value (previous to dump) and swaps in the
    block's return.

Somehow I need hooks into Marshal.  When pushing data between boxes,
sometimes I am faced with a mix of ref'd and import'd values.  (For
example: an Array of references.)  This is difficult to serialize
currently because the references are completely different on the two
sides of the box.

Good day!

_why