Hi,

In message "Re: How to submit patch for RCR Integer#pred ?"
    on Thu, 1 Feb 2007 05:59:04 +0900, "Robert Dober" <robert.dober / gmail.com> writes:

|This is of course very easy to implement and I thought I do it as this is
|not a task for the more talented and experienced hackers.
|So I just wrote the patch against YARV and I realize that I have no idea how
|to submit it.

It's already checked in for YARV.  In general, process of submitting
patches are following:

  * make a modification against trunk.  Even if you want to add your
    proposed feature to stable (1.8), it needs to be proven in the
    trunk.  If your modification is a bug fix for 1.8, you have to use
    the latest 1.8 source tree.

  * make your patch by "diff -u".

  * post your patch here in ruby-core, preferably with a ChangeLog
    entry to describe the patch.

  * you will get approval to commit if you are a committer, otherwise
    one of our committers (perhaps me) will submit the patch if there
    is no problem for the patch.

							matz.