Hi.

 > The bottom line on license agreements (and this is nothing that I can change)
 > is that projects with copyleft style licenses are projects that I cannot work
 > on.
 > That's why the selection of the license agreement is important to me
 > personally. I want to work in an open fashion, but I also need to respect the
 > needs of my employer.

And what is the opinion of your employer about the Ruby license? I'm curious
about that.  :-)

 > While I actually personally agree that copyleft licenses are good for open
 > source projects because of the requirement for giving back,
 > there are significant legal risks that (now that I understand what they really
 > mean) I would not be willing to
 > undertake in certain software projects.

Some legal "mambo-jumbo" can be really a pain for companies, but I think that if
the developers pay much attention to this kind of details, things can run slow
than usual. Its a new and strange element on the development equation, made
specially for the big companies.

--
Eust?quio "TaQ" Rangel
http://eustaquiorangel.com

"Time is an excellent teacher; but eventually it kills all its students."
Anonymous