My proposal I wrote in #note-1 is basically the same as @kou”Ēs in #note-5.  I think it”Ēs quite possible to add such things.

Feature #17356: Alignment of memory allocated through Fiddle struct's malloc

* Author: AndreaRibuoli (Andrea Ribuoli)
I am testing a low-level patch for **Ruby 3** that inside *gc.c* replaces:

  `TRY_WITH_GC(size, mem = malloc(size));`

with:

  `TRY_WITH_GC(size, mem = aligned_alloc(16,size));`

This should allow me to control that Fiddle returns pointers quad-words aligned.

Is it possible to introduce a configure parameter to control this kind of setting?

Refer to [issue opened on Fiddle](https://github.com/ruby/fiddle/issues/53).

Kind regards,

   Andrea Ribuoli

--