Basically positive for implicit one. The transferred fibers and suspended fibers behave differently, especially in exception propagation. You have to summarize the difference in the document.

Matz.

Feature #17331: Let Fiber#raise work with transferring fibers

* Author: nevans (Nicholas Evans)
It would be useful to use `raise` on transferring fibers just as we can with yielding fibers.

I've added a `transfer` kwarg, so it is not automatic; the caller must know how to handle the fiber.  If you call a yielding fiber with `transfer: true` or a transferring fiber without `transfer: true`, a `FiberError` will be raised. Resuming fibers still raise a `FiberError`.

```ruby
yielding_fiber.raise "message"
# => resumes and raises from the last Fiber.yield

transferring_fiber.raise "message", transfer: true
# => transfers and raises from the last fiber.transfer

resuming_fiber.raise "message"
# => raises FiberError
```

Implementation: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/3783

I also implemented a second version that implicitly and automatically selects `rb_fiber_transfer_kw` for transferring fibers and `rb_fiber_resume_kw` for yielding fibers. The implicit version also raises `FiberError` on resuming fibers.

```ruby
yielding_fiber.raise "message"
# => resumes and raises from the last Fiber.yield

transferring_fiber.raise "message"
# => transfers and raises from the last fiber.transfer

resuming_fiber.raise "message"
# => raises FiberError
```

Alternate implicit implementation: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/3795

I slightly prefer the explicit version, but I'm okay with the implicit version.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/