Feature #16233: winruby UTF8 Fallback for no CodePage

* Author: gabuscus (Gabriel Nagy)
* Assignee: duerst (Martin D=FCrst)
* Target version: 3.0
This is to deal specifically with setting the Region to Arabic which
sets the codepage to 720. This codepage isn't recognised by Ruby which
causes it to fail during initialisation when setting up LOCALE.

This patch to Ruby is necessary to handle languages/regions on windows
where the codepage is not supported by Ruby such as Arabic which uses =

codepage 720.
If the codepage is not found, the Locale falls back to UTF8.

This is a well known Ruby/Ruby on Rails issue which is described at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22815542/rails4-unknown-encoding-name-c=
p720

Opened PR: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2518

windows_nocodepage_utf8_fallback_r2.5.patch (946 Bytes)

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/