>> At RubyConf 2006, there was an implementers' summit, at which the
YARV, Rubinius, jRuby and (I think) CLR people were all represented.
There was not to my knowledge a Cardinal or Carbone representative.

I was at that summit (and will be at the MountainWest summit). However, I've been spending all of my time over the past couple of months moving my family to a new country and starting a new job at Microsoft - so this is a way for me to restart the conversations around this - at least from my end. I'm really happy that I finally have cycles to start devoting to Ruby again!

By the end of next week, I should have a reasonable core set of stuff in RSpec form, and I'll be looking for a place to put it.

One thing that I'm learning at Microsoft is the influence of the legal department on things that I can and cannot do. I'm still discovering what those things are, so please be patient as I figure it out.

>> I'd much rather see the concurrency primitives made as elegant, clean and efficient as is humanly possible in all of the implementations, for example.

Amen.

Strange question of the day: under what terms is BFTS licensed? I didn't see a description of it in Rubyforge.

Thanks
-John