Issue #17319 has been reported by zofrex (James Sanderson).

Misc #17319: Rename Random::urandom to os_random and document random data sources
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17319

* Author: zofrex (James Sanderson)
SecureRandom gets randomness from `Random::urandom`, which is a confusing name because `urandom` only uses /dev/urandom in some circumstances. On reading the `secure_random.rb` code this morning I got very confused how it was supporting "win32" for example, because it appears to only use openssl and /dev/urandom.

I have renamed `urandom` to `os_random`. With this change, it is much more obvious from reading `secure_random.rb` what is happening, in my opinion.

I have also added `urandom` as an alias to `os_random` so this is not a breaking change. I am not 100% sure I documented this alias correctly.

I have also updated the documentation for `os_random` (was `urandom`), `SecureRandom`, and `random_raw_seed` to reflect that there are multiple potential sources for random data, not just urandom, openssl, and win32.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/