Hi,

In message "Re: Method Dispatch (was Adding methods to String, but only in my own Module?)"
    on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:57:11 +0900, gwtmp01 / mac.com writes:

|The problem with the import-module solution is that it is ultimately
|manipulating a global data structure (the class/module hierarchy) so
|that the visibility of the changes (even if temporary) is defined
|temporally and globally rather then lexically localized to particular
|modules or classes.

Keiju Ishitsuka, who named Ruby 14 years ago, once developed a library
named scope-in-state that did similar work in thread safe manner.  The
problem is it has been lost for long time (no longer registered in
RAA).  I will ask him to put it somewhere.  I hope he still has.

							matz.