If naming conflicts really are a concern as Ruby grows, then we need to
think past private methods, and look at modules and mixin rules as well.

Is it time for Traits?

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Papers/Scha03aTraits.pdf

Perl 6 will have Traits (which they're calling "Roles"). Fortress also
implemented traits. I'm personally not a fan of them, but I'll try to
keep an open mind. :)

Regards,

Dan