marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune) wrote in #note-31:
> My understanding is that will never be the case. You can't have 1) fast and 2) concurrent access to mutable data.

Digressing a bit, I would say it's possible ([thread-safe Array](https://eregon.me/blog/assets/research/thread-safe-collections.pdf)), but not with Ractor's model which requires copying or moving objects.
So yes, I think a mutable Array will never become Ractor-shareable because it would be too incompatible (due to copying/moveing the elements or only accepting shareable values).

Also if we have a type for which it becomes problematic, we could always add some keyword argument to handle it specially.

I think freezing all named modules and their constants could possibly be something useful for Ractor, but that IMHO should be its own method, like `Ractor.freeze_all_modules` or so. I guess in practice it doesn't work well at all, as it becomes very likely with more code, that some code needs mutable modules (e.g., @ivars on modules, `autoload` & lazy method definitions, ...).
Maybe `Ractor.freeze_all_constants` is more useful. But again with more code there is a high chance something expects a mutable constant, and that would work fine if non-main Ractors don't use it.

Anyway, they are special cases, and I think for deep freeze, it's just not interesting to freeze modules.
BTW, https://github.com/dkubb/ice_nine does not freeze modules either.
(`ruby -rice_nine -e 'IceNine.deep_freeze(Enumerable); p Object.frozen?'` => `false`)

Feature #17145: Ractor-aware `Object#deep_freeze`