At Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:13:52 +0900,
Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> > Akinori MUSHA wrote:
> >> I'm feeling some more clauses should be added, but that's all so far.
> >> All opinions and suggestions are welcome.
> > So +1 for fastthread in core.
>
> rbtree, as long as we're voting for core inclusions.

Since the subject line has 1.8.6 in it, let me make it clear: for 1.8,
we wouldn't basically add new libraries that are not in trunk.  They
must be well reviewed and tested in trunk first, and then backported
to 1.8, as stated in my policy statement.

So I don't think any shiny new library would be in time for 1.8.6.
Let's talk about inclusion into trunk, for the moment.

For fastthread, I'm not sure because trunk has a new threading model,
and fastthread may not apply to trunk.  I think we need more
discussion, reviewing and testing.  Maybe we can have a new branch for
that.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Different eyes see different things,
    Different hearts beat on different strings --
       But there are times for you and me when all such things agree"