Issue #17145 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote in #note-17:
> I never realized that so many `freeze` redefinition are used. Checking the code, some of them freeze attribute objects, which they are frozen with `deep_freeze`. I can find some cases to calculate lazy (?).

Indeed, I imagine that the majority are used to do a deep-freeze, so calling `#freeze` or not will not make a difference.

An example of lazy computation I can remember writing is a [generic memoization module in DeepCover](https://github.com/deep-cover/deep-cover/blob/master/core_gem/lib/deep_cover/memoize.rb) which is then used [in different places](https://github.com/deep-cover/deep-cover/blob/master/core_gem/lib/deep_cover/coverage/analysis.rb#L6-L7). Yes, I'm lazy enough that I factorized the `@cache ||= ` pattern

> I still not sure we can remain the half-frozen state, so I want to ask other comments.

How about 3 pass?
1) Collect reachable objects; abort on non-freezable.
2) Call `#freeze` on reachable objects. Exception due to custom method failing => half frozen state (just write better code )
3) On success, mark all objects as Ractor shareable.

Feature #17145: Ractor-aware `Object#deep_freeze`