Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> James Edward Gray II wrote:

>>> Who uses this?
>>
>> The standard set library will make use of it if it is present.
>
> How will it help the Set library?
>
> All keys in an RBTree must be comparable, and that's too limiting for
> elements of Sets. Anyway sets are unordered....

Sorry, I see it now. SortedSet uses rbtree if it's available. I was
unaware of that, and it seems a good argument for including rbtree.

RBTrees have been useful to me in several ways, including a quick and
dirty PriorityQueue [ruby-talk:133202].

RPA used to have rbtree. Maybe having rbtree as a gem would satisfy
those few of us who care...