Issue #17171 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

So can we envision issuing a warning for two release cycles?

Is it feasible to issue a warning for constants that are currently public that would be made private this way?

Difficult being that call to `private_constant` happens after point of definition:

```ruby
class Foo
  private
  X = 42
end # => Warn about privacy change

class Bar
  private
  X = 42
  private_constant :X
end # => No warning
```

Feature #17171: Why is the visibility of constants not affected by `private`?