Akinori MUSHA wrote:
> I'm feeling some more clauses should be added, but that's all so far.
> All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

I am not a core developer, but I am a JRuby developer. The schedule and
policies look fine, but I would like to put a vote in for mentalguy's
fastthread library to be merged into core. We have already accepted his
library into JRuby and will start to modify stdlib to use it instead of
existing Thread logic. It would be beneficial to all if standard Ruby
also included his library and made the same changes, since it would help
move everyone off the unsafe logic provided by the standard threading
logic today.

I also strongly believe that 1.8 must continue to include incremental
changes like this since the 1.9/2.0 series have a long timeline in front
of them.

So +1 for fastthread in core.

- Charlie