Issue #17143 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote in #note-3:
> My concern is, arbitrary categories make filtering difficult on Warning.warn method.

Agreed.  It's definitely a tradeoff.  As I said, I'm fine disallowing arbitrary categories and will make the necessary changes if that is what is decided at the developer meeting.

> Another concern is, "what is the category?" problem.
> You added "file" category, but some warning should be "deprecated".
> These two categories can be combine (file and deprecated).
> Allow multiple categories?

I don't think we should allow multiple categories in a single warning.  I'm fine changing any categories I used or combining any of the categories I used into an existing category (e.g. file -> deprecated), and will make the necessary changes if that is what is decided at the developer meeting.

Feature #17143: Improve support for warning categories